UAS is a State of Illinois Licensed Professional Design Firm
Environmental Services License #184-000533
Environmental Services for Schools
United Analytical Services, Inc. (UAS) was founded in 1988 to provide asbestos consulting and laboratory services related to the emerging asbestos abatement industry and the EPA’s Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA). The AHERA rule, along with subsequent Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) rules and regulations, required that local education agencies (LEAs) identify all asbestos containing material (ACM) in public and private schools and implement asbestos management plans.
Since its inception, UAS has grown into a full service Environmental Engineering, Consulting and Laboratory firm, serving more than one-hundred Illinois School Districts with their asbestos, lead, mold, indoor air quality and other environmental needs. UAS also provides schools and school districts with their lead in water testing needs for the newly enacted Public Act 99-0922 requiring schools and daycare facilities to sample for lead contamination in water.
UAS is a State of Illinois Licensed Professional Design Firm (License #184-000533), offering the following services to their school clients:
- • Asbestos Consulting Services (Project Design, Management Planning, Building Inspection, Asbestos Project Management, Air Sampling & Risk Assessment)- IDPH Asbestos & EPA AHERA Asbestos links provided
- • Laboratory Analysis Services (PCM, PLM & TEM)
- • Indoor Air Quality/Industrial Hygiene Consulting Services (Indoor Air Quality Studies, Mold Remediation Design & Mold Inspection)
- • Safety Consulting Services
- • Lead-Based Paint Consulting Services (Lead Mitigation Design, XRF Inspection, Lead Inspection & Lead Risk Assessment)- IDPH Lead link provided
- • Lead in Water Testing – IDPH Lead in Water link provided
- • Environmental Site Assessments & Audit Consulting Services
- • Risk Assessments / Hazard Assessment Consulting Services
- • Environmental Engineering and Remedial Design Service Consulting Services (Asbestos, Lead, Mold, Soil, Bird Excrement)
- • Soil Remediation Consulting Services
- • Remedial Construction Management Consulting Services
- • Underground Storage Tank Consulting Services
With staff members having up to 30 years of practical and applied knowledge and experience in serving schools, UAS is well equipped in providing school districts with their asbestos, lead based paint, lead in water mold, indoor air quality, and other environmental consulting needs.
Water Sampling for Lead in Schools & Daycare Facilities!!!! Public Act 99-022.
While great steps have been taken during the past two decades to reduce the levels of lead in water, lead may still get into water from older metal faucets, taps, or pipes. To protect Illinois children from possible exposure to lead in drinking water, Illinois Governor Bruce Rauner and the Illinois General Assembly passed Public Act 99-0922 requiring schools and daycares to sample for lead contamination in water.
The Act requires the oldest school buildings, those built before January 1, 1987, to complete lead in water testing by the end of 2017. Schools built between January 2, 1987 and January 1, 2000 must complete testing by the end of 2018. The Act requires parents and guardians of students be notified of lead results greater than or equal to five parts per billion (ppb).
Daycares built on or before January 1, 2000 that serve children younger than 6 years old will also be required to conduct testing once rules are developed by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services and Illinois Department of Public Health.
If your school or school district is in need of an experienced, professional consultant to assist with your lead in water testing, UAS is here to help. UAS’ Industrial Hygiene and IDPH Lead Licensed Professional staff has the knowledge and experience to help. If you have a question, need a resource or need a cost estimate for your sampling, please contact UAS today.
Contact us today to help your school be enviormentally safe.