Industrial Hygiene Assessment for a Safe Work Environment
When potential exposures to airborne contaminants are a source of concern, United Analytical Services, UAS certified experts work to identify, evaluate and control the unwanted hazards. We offer a wide variety of industrial hygiene / risk assessment services to the industrial and commercial building owners and property managers, including chemicals, particulates, noise, heating, air conditioning, ventilation, tobacco smoke, moisture, allergens, temperatures, toxic gases, vapors, aerosols, radiation and ergonomics to name a few.
We understand the critical nature of business and the ability to move forward to get the job done. It's important that when an industrial hygiene project is identified, bring in the experts at United Analytical Services to help you prepare so we can keep issues to a minimum. Additional considerations for UAS may include:
• Concrete grinding or cutting
• Sewage backup
• Demolition of all / part of a building
• Chemical spills / exposures
• OSHA compliance testing
Our team of environmental professionals will come to you on-site to identify and evaluate the potential hazards. Depending on the nature of the visit, our team may include a board certified industrial hygienist, professional engineers, architects and/or scientists. Once we evaluate the project, we’ll devise a plan specific to your environment to control the hazard.
Once our observations are complete, you’ll receive a comprehensive report that include areas such as scope of project, background information, observations, environmental conditions, engineering controls as well as recommendations including in-house training, modifications to the workplace, compliance and other protective measures. Test results are compared with State or Federal OSHA regulations, and when applicable, other industry standards such as the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) and the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE).
Our extensive experience has allowed us to perform a wide variety of industrial hygiene projects such as:
• Noise Exposure and Control
• Ventilation for a confined or entire structure
• Chemical Exposure and Control
• Medical Surveillance and Injury Reporting
• Machine and Tool Monitoring and Safety Report Development
• Personal Protective Observations and Safety Report Development
• Welding, Cutting and Brazing Monitoring and Safety Report Development
• Powered Industrial Truck Observations and Control
Our professional environmental staff can also help with the overall company health and well being with industrial hygiene programs for employees and outside workers such as:
• General and Overall Safety Policy Development
• Emergency Fire Protection and Prevention Planning
• Hazard Communication Plan
• Personal Protective Equipment Planning
United Analytical Services can perform training sessions on-site for employees and outside workers to ensure their safety and security while performing their tasks and responsibilities.